30 rooms available at a group rate at the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown (5 blocks from Harbour Centre)
- Single Queen Bed room rate: $239/night
- Two Double Bed room rate: $259/night
- Quote group CGSFUG for group rate
- The group rate will be available until March 1, 2018 or all 30 rooms are booked
15 rooms available at a group rate at the Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown (2 blocks from Harbour Centre)
- One Queen Bed room rate: $229/night
- Quote group name ABC Copyright Conference for group rate
- Rate includes continental breakfast
- The group rate will be available until April 30, 2018 or all 15 rooms are booked
For those looking for more economical options, we suggest:
YWCA Hotel (about 8 blocks from Harbour Centre, less than 5 min. bus ride on the #5 or Skytrain from Stadium/Chinatown Station to Waterfront Station)
- Rooms from $86/night
UBC Conference Accommodations (30-40 min. bus ride from Harbour Centre on the #44)
- Various options including hostel, bedroom in shared apartment, and suites
- Standard Suite from $135/night
Harbour Centre is located in downtown Vancouver, a few blocks west of Gastown and the city’s Downtown Eastside. As a tourist destination, Vancouver hotel rates are quite expensive from May-September. Hotel booking sites may suggest less expensive accommodation options in the Downtown Eastside. Safety is rarely a concern, but conference attendees should note that the neighbourhood is home to low-cost rental housing, low-barrier social services, and two supervised injection sites.
Visit translink.ca for public transportation information. Harbour Centre is near numerous bus stops and one block from Waterfront Station.
“Waiter” by kaicho20 on Pixabay.com. No rights reserved (CC BY 0.0). https://pixabay.com/en/waiter-bread-deliver-serve-food-492872/ .