Getting to Harbour Centre and downtown hotels
515 West Hastings St.,
Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3
From YVR airport:
- Public transportation: The Canada Line runs from the airport to two downtown stations (Vancouver City Centre and Waterfront), which are both within blocks of Harbour Centre and most of our accommodation suggestions.
- Taxis: There are taxi stands on Level 2 of both Domestic and International Arrivals at YVR.
- The YVR website offers additional transportation information.
From BC Ferries:
- Public transportation: Use Translink’s Trip Planner tool (or call Translink at 604-953-3333) for transit options from Horseshoe Bay or Tsawwassen terminal.
- Coach bus service is available from various Vancouver Island locations to downtown Vancouver.
- Driving directions to/from Horseshoe Bay and Tsawwassen terminals.
- Taxis: The Vancouver area has numerous taxi companies.
Parking near Harbour Centre information and public parking map.
Getting to the reception
The conference reception on May 31 will be a dinner cruise of Burrard Inlet aboard the MV Britannia with Harbour Cruises. Harbour Cruises is located at 501 Denman Street on Vancouver’s Coal Harbour, just southeast of Stanley Park (see map). This is about a 2km/25-minute walk from Harbour Centre or the Ramada, and a little shorter from the Days Inn.
It is also a short taxi ride from most downtown locations. Here is information about taxis in Vancouver.
Public transit: the #19 bus runs along Pender Street and takes about 11 minutes from Harbour Centre or the Ramada (board westbound on Pender at Richards), or a few minutes less from the Days Inn (board westbound on Pender at Burrard), and disembarking on Georgia at Denman, about 2 blocks’ walk from Harbour Cruises. From the YWCA Hotel, take the #246 or #247 bus, boarding southbound on Hamilton at Georgia, and disembarking on Georgia at Denman. Visit Translink for schedules and for transit directions from other locations.
Getting around once you’re here
Tourism Vancouver map of downtown Vancouver.
Translink: public transportation information in and around Vancouver.
Downtown Vancouver is very walkable and cyclable!
“Traveler” by rawpixel.com on flikr.com. Public Domain. https://flic.kr/p/R3DEPP.