Call for proposals is now closed.
General questions about submitting a proposal: contact Virginia Adams at email@example.com.
Questions about using the OCS website to submit: contact Jennifer Zerkee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline was extended to January 19, 2018.
The 2018 Program Committee invites proposals for conference sessions. A list of potential session topics is offered below, but all relevant proposals will be considered.
- Updates on lawsuits (York, Laval) and their implications; implications of other court cases
- Copyright Modernization Act: Parliamentary review update
- Copyright and archives/museums/outside of post-secondary academia
- Tensions and opportunities between openness and copyright (open access, OERs, etc.)
- Fair dealing’s effect on educational publishing in Canada
- Fair dealing guidelines, especially departures from the Universities Canada template
- Copyright outreach and working with other campus units
- Workshopping “tough questions” and possible responses
- Collaborative projects and/or workshop space for collaboration
- Traditional knowledge
- Teaching with copyright-protected content, e.g., learning management systems, audiovisual material, online material
- Tariffs and their applicability in the copyright context
- Licensing, contracts
- Sharing of copyright policies/procedures/guidelines and copyright OERs
- Advocacy issues for the next five years
Abstracts should be no more than 300 words.
Proposals should also indicate:
- Type of session (panel, paper, demo…)
- Time needed (including both presentation and Q&A if relevant) (30, 45, 60, or 90 minutes)
- Expected technical needs (e.g., audiovidual needs, laptop or connectors needed)
Submit your proposal by 11:59pm on Friday, December 8, 2017.